Friday, June 29, 2007

Fucking Steve Martin

I'm afraid of worms!.

It occurred to me today that words have gotten me into trouble in the past few months. Both my own and those written and spoken by others. As to the former, well, I learned a great lesson about context -- you can always reread them to mean something different or import a new meaning or fashion them into something they never were written to mean. As to the latter, well, they might not be as indicative as I once believed.

I just don't trust words anymore. People always say that actions speak louder than words. There is certainly truth in that, but I am not yet ready to give up on words just yet. They have carried me too far and too long, and I still believe that the right words - the honest right words - can solve anything.

Unfortunately, still don't have them, trust them, and still fear them. Fuck, I am scared to death of them sometimes. I cannot yet erase them, unfortunately.

No comments: