Friday, July 06, 2007

Brothers Gotta Hug

I attempted to cancel the 4th of July. I thought my BBQ was dead, I had a work demand, and, quite frankly, I had no desire to entertain and play happy. However, the brothers, they were determined and accepted no excuses and just showed up. Turns out, my BBQ wasn't broken, and Keegan (sibling #3) has turned into quite the Iron Chef of BBQ. He precooked ribs, tenderloins, etc. at his place, and reheated them on my quite functional BBQ (which just needed some routine maintenance). Kathy, John and Nat took a cab down and P made the trek down the street.

What was the most awesome was spending time with my boys. My brothers are the best. It only takes one meeting with them to love them. I am the luckiest person on the fucking planet to have them. You could spend a lifetime wishing for my siblings -- all of them. We ate, drank entirely too much, and hugged it out. Fuck, I am so lucky. So very lucky. They got to see their sister in a rare moment of "fuck, I don't know" and got some quality booze in exchange. Everybody wins.

I woke up the next morning feeling this newly familiar emptiness, yet somehow fulfilled as well. For whatever I can't feel in my bones, my brothers make up for it. They keep me real. God fucking love them.

Today was a really hard day for me, emotionally, but I am doing the best I can. I can only relate to the here and now, and my boys? Yeah, they are here for me in the here and now.

I don't usually post pics, but seriously? My brothers? Everybody falls in love with them.



(John, Keegan, Kathy and me)



(me and Kyle)

1 comment:

Norm said...

Woot! that looks like it was fun.