Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tired of Being Blonde

No, I never really was, aside from a period where my highlights got out of control. I had the song by Carly Simon as my daily earworm and I realized I am fucking tired.

Tired of B. Tired of the story of us. Tired of rewriting history or otherwise trying to fill in some blanks. Just tired of the whole thing. B would say he has worn me down by attrition, but of course, he learned that word from me. I think he vaguely understands the concept.

So this is the face of apathy and indifference. Good to know. I haven't returned a phone call in nearly two weeks, despite his random show up at my place with his mother in tow (no, did not answer the door - have mad, stealth skills when it comes to random show ups). I cannot believe how long it took me to get here, but now that I am here, I am already bored. Let's just end this thing, Old Yeller style. Annie, get your gun.

No comments: