Saturday, December 01, 2007

Misc.

Random snow today, as it doesn't usually snow in Seattle proper. It is so beautiful to observe, especially since it doesn't usually stick. I would have hated to have been driving in it, but mercifully, Darbs and I went for a two hour walk that ended about twenty minutes before it started snowing.



It didn't really stick and will be gone by morning, but still, cause for a party on the couch, curled up with a good book (finished Bourdain), a roaring fire, an exhausted dog, and Love, Actually on the DVD. After watching it today, I came to the realization that there are two types of people in the world. Those who love Love, Actually and everyone else.

....................

I have mentioned my love of Rilo Kiley, primarily because I love their lead singer, Jenny Lewis. Their whole story is so interesting and she has such a simple but endearing voice. In any event, I heard her cover a rather unremarkable Traveling Wilbury's tune (Handle With Care) and loved it. All I could find was a live version, but if you are of the itunes persuasion, check it out.

No comments: